Miss Universe Leila Lopes

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Miss Universe Leila Lopes: Leila Lopes Miss Angola was crowned Miss Universe in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Monday night, beating out 88 other beauties in the 60th anniversary of the world's biggest beauty pageant. Lopes, 25, is the first Angola native to capture the crown and strives to help her native land leave behind its history of war and poverty; she's also dedicated to fighting HIV worldwide.

"I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs," Lopes told reporters. "I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."
The stunner was poised during the Q&A period of the show (broadcast live on NBC and hosted by Bravo's Andy Cohen and Natalie Morales, with veteran TV anchor Connie Chung and Real Housewives' Adrienne Maloof among the celebrity judges) -- and said there's not a thing she'd change about her physical appearance.
Read more: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-new-miss-universe-leila-lopes/71959
Share this article on :
 
© Copyright 2010-2011 FNNT All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.